Regent Street Cinema
307 Regent St
Jan Bochiński, Fundraising Manager
Submissions for all films are now live on FilmFreeway. You may click the button on the left to view our festival listing page, where you may submit your existing project, or create a FilmFreeway account to submit a new project. Before submitting your entry please read the Submissions Criteria below, Submissions Guide and the Terms & Conditions.
- – Rare Film Festival is free to take part in.
- – Filmmakers can take part as individuals, or as a group comprising between 2 to 5 filmmakers.
- – We are accepting existing films that you have also produced
- – Films must be no longer than 15 minutes long (we do not want to exclude slightly longer films, but we will not be able to screen them at the awards ceremony due to time constraint of the event).
- – Films must address the theme of rare genetic conditions.
- – There are no age requirements for applicants (anyone under the age of 18 will need parental consent).
- – All genres are welcomed (Note: the genre for collaborated films must be agreed between collaborators).
- – All entries must be in English or contain English subtitles. Non-English entries without subtitles will unfortunately be disqualified.
- – The format of film submissions requires that submissions are compatible for upload on the FilmFreeway website, and also compatible for screening at Regents Street Cinema. Filmfreeway accepts all major video formats in full quality HD up to 10 GB (if your film is bigger than 10 GB, please contact [email protected]). If your film is selected for screening at Regents Street Cinema, then the accepted formats are DCP, ProRes, .mov and MP4. (Note: DCP is the suggested format for best quality picture and sound).
- Deadline for applications for the collaborative student and patient organisation projects (note: patient organisations can no longer apply for this, but aspiring filmmakers may): 1 December 2019.
- Announcement of matched filmmaker-patient organisation teams: 2 November 2019.
- Final submissions deadline: 5 January 2020, 5pm.
- Notification of shortlisting: 27 January 2020.
- Rare Film Festival: 10 February 2020 (evening).